Behind the scenes, there is a hardworking team of Governors committed to making Handcross Primary School as good as possible.
Many are parents who are often available at the beginning and end of the day.
If you have any concerns, you are very welcome to make an appointment to meet with a Governor at any time.
THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNING BODY
The main responsibility of the school’s Governing Body is to support and challenge the head teacher to improve the education of the children.
At Handcross, the Governing Body operates with 3 committees and consists of 10 members.
- The headteacher
- A staff governor (elected by the staff)
- An LA governor (appointed by WSCC)
- 2 parent governors (elected by the parents)
- 5 co-opted governors
- Curriculum & Learning
The functions of the Governing Body are:
- Defining the strategy for the school, including its ethos and objectives
- Agreeing and monitoring the School Development Plan
- Meeting statutory duties relating to Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Curriculum content, among others.
- Appointment of the head teacher when necessary
- Carrying out Performance Management for the head teacher
- Monitoring attainment of the pupils
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Being involved with school self-evaluation
- Approving and monitoring the budget
- Ensuring value for money is obtained for the school
The Governing Body meets its statutory duties through a series of meetings and visits to the school. The formal meetings are of both the full Governing body, which meets at least 4 times a year, once at the start of each school year and at the end of each term, and of the committees which also meet at least once per term. Governors are required to sign a Code of Conduct which sets out the expectations and duties required from Governors. An Annual Statement/Report is prepared each year summarising the previous academic years' achievements.
Governor’s Attendance Details and Register of Interests:
Governor Statement/Annual Report
2021-2022 Governor Attendance
2020-2021 Governor Attendance
2019-2020 Governor Attendance
2018-2019 Governor Attendance
2017-2018 Governor Attendance
2016-2017 Governor Attendance
You are welcome to contact our Chair of Governors, Robert White, by email or via Mrs Mel Vallance our Clerk to Governors at the School as follows:
The Governing Body of Handcross Primary School (Confidential)
FAO Robert White (Chair)
Handcross Primary School
West Sussex, RH17 6HB
email: email@example.com Tel: 01444 400291